Bow Primary School
125 years of education & growing…
The Bow Primary School site has been educating children for over 125 years, most recently occupied by a secondary school which relocated to a new larger facility in 2014.
The new school will deliver much needed primary places to the growing community and reinvigorate this important site, at the centre of which is the locally listed 1913 school building.
The listed building will be refurbished and connected via an external, multi-levelled bridge to a new stand-alone building housing the school hall, kitchen and early years classrooms. The roof of the new building will provide a multi-games court to maximise the amount of on-site play space.
The new addition will provide a modern school building which contrasts with the historic school, while remaining sensitive to the surrounding conservation status. The bridge link will unite the two buildings on site, creating a focal point for the new school.